July 4, 2011

Journal - July 4th, 2011

Happy Fourth of July!

Today has been a beautiful day; gorgeous (but warm) sun was shining, with a slight breeze blowing that made the shade tolerable :-)

Yesterday was a semi-lazy day... The fam mostly chilled around the house, watching shows, playing games on the computer, coloring; whatever came our way. I took the day off from my workout - to give my body a rest and to let the incision on my back have a rest. Don't worry, though; today I was back on track!
AlphaJ grilled hamburgers and corn on the cob last night for dinner... Mmmmm; tasty :-P  He also gave us a fireworks show in the backyard! He scored a BOGO deal on mortar shells and giant sparklers, so he lit some fire! The girls each enjoyed two sparklers (of course, one at a time and with parent supervision!). I even did one; but I shared the end with Kaia :-)

I slept in until 7am today... It was nice. Yesterday, too :-) I read some soothing literature while I had my coffee and breakfast and then got the heart rate up. I got outside after my pilates (I listened to the Killers - Day and Age - that album always gets me groovin'!) and did a 2 mile walk. All the neighbors were out and about today due to the holiday, so I had to be on extra alert today for cars and people.

[I really enjoy my walks; they are a very good meditation time for me... I can relax, smell the air, listen to nature; and ponder about whatever may be troubling me, if anything. If there's nothing "bad" on my mind that I need to air out, I ponder on all the happy, good things in my life; all the reasons for me to smile for the day that I have. When I come home, I'm usually more at peace with life and the world; I'm more ready and prepared to "take on" the day].

I spent a good hour and a half to 2 hours in "Garden Greenthumb" today; pruning, fluffing, and harvesting. Today's lot: 2 jalapenos, 2 cherry tomatoes, one reg. tomato, one Giant zucchini (for dinner tonight!), and about 5 radishes. Oh, and a baby carrot for Holly's lunch.

After lunch, it was dishes, laundry (only one load, that I still need to fold), and organizing the girls' coloring station [was a tornado Disaster]. Then the girlies and I took some time for arts and crafts! They got to paint their pink chairs - for the back porch - so they can tell whose is whose without bending over and looking at the bottom of the backs. I painted a flowerpot while they did their chairs; we had a good time. Holly even had a butterfly land on her finger, that hung out on her hand for a good 5 mins or so, while she painted... It was very cool; Miss Butterfly just chilled, despite Holly moving back and forth and getting new paint, splashing the water. Very pretty moment.

I'm currently uploading two new "Garden Greenthumb" videos, for your viewing pleasure :-) And tonight's dinner menu: Shrimp with Angel Hair pasta and baked zucchini, radish, mushroom, and ROpepps.

My mom and brother are coming for a short visit Thursday and Friday and Wednesday is Grocery day, so tomorrow will be Clean, Clean, Clean! ... and hope it stays that way! Kaia and Holly seem to have the foresight of cats - cats know when to yak on freshly vacuumed floors, just as kids know just when to spill their red juice! :-) Maybe I can talk the girls into helping me clean; then, maybe they won't be as likely to make it dirty  ?? We'll see how it goes!

I suppose that's all for today... Later, I believe that AlphaJ is going to have another fireworks show; Yay, Fourth of July celebrations! Be happy, be safe, and have fun!

Bye! - Omegan :-D

1 comment: