July 2, 2011

Journal - July 2nd, 2011

Good Morning! What a beautiful day outside... It's warming up quickly, though. Good thing the girls and I were able to go to the Dragon Park early, while it was still semi-cool out. :-)

It's been a long morning already... Phew! I woke up at 5am (yes, on a Saturday) so that I could have enough time to do my pilates, get ready, and have breakfast in time for the girls and I to head to Murfreesboro for my meeting at 9am. Unfortunately, when we pulled into the parking lot, it was empty. No meeting.
... So the girls and I made the best of trip into town and went to the park. Kaia and I had fun on the tire swing; I got on with her and we were spinning and twirling all around. She fell over into my lap at one point and we just giggled and giggled.
Holly met a girl named Chloey that was about 10 or 11 yrs old, that had brought her acoustic guitar to the park. Both girls liked the guitar, but Holly stayed around Chloey for a good while, strumming the strings and asking questions about what the girl was doing (tuning the strings). Near the end of our adventure through DragonLand, both girls wanted a ride in the swings, so they each picked a seat and I "double-arm" pushed... It can be difficult to keep rhythm AND keep them going straight! Or maybe kids just like to go diagonally...

Yesterday afternoon, I got my mole removed from the middle of my back... Fun Stuff... J helped clean and re-bandage the area last night. I had to get 5 stitches. Blegh! The doctor is going to send it in for testing to make sure it was not a "bad" mole. On a good note, I was able to get my much needed prescriptions yesterday :-) Yay antibiotics!

When I returned home from that experience, J went into town to finish one more account for the day. On his way back into the neighborhood, he went down to our neighbor, Mr. Mankin's house, to see if he had a drill for AlphaJ to borrow... (c'mon project completion!) YAY! Success. J had been trying, for a few days, to finish the drainspout-to-watertank project. Funny though, every time he had a moment to work on it, the world said, "not right now." So, finally, yesterday evening, J was able to drill the hooks into the foundation, to support the hoses leading to the tank. :-) He did such a good job; it looks awesome and I know it'll work well. Hooray to free water for "Garden Greenthumb" and AlphaJ's hard work and dedication!

Last night, the family went "About Town!" AlphaJ came home with news that Woodbury was having their fireworks display that evening, starting around or after 8:30pm, so if we wanted to go, it was an option... Heck Yea! Let's Go! :-) After dinner (mmm... Southwest Chicken w/baked beans...), we loaded in the truck and headed into town. While we waited for the show to start, the girls and I mingled with a couple other moms and a 4 yr old girl named Lily Belle. She was a cutie! She had sparkly glitter in her hair; Kaia really liked it. The three girls played tag until the show started. J did of video of the display and the girls and I sat on the curb, watching the pretty lights. It was a very nice, relaxed evening... There was a cool breeze and good people to share the moment.

As for the rest of today, I'm still not sure what I'm going to do... I have a mound of dishes that need to be done and a few other nick-knack chores I suppose I could try to accomplish. Dinner Menu is still undecided, but AlphaOmegan Kitchen will come up with something tasty, I'm sure :-)

See you later! - Omegan :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment