June 26, 2011

Journal - June 26th, 2011 - Update!

Omegan here again!

The rain cleared out for a good part of the day, so I was able to go outside and go for a 2 mile walk after my pilates this morning. As I was walking, I watched the clouds from the storm system that had just passed through; I have such a greater appreciation for the weather, clouds, and storms learned from J's passion for the subject. He has taught me how to watch the rotations in the clouds and helped me learn the state of TN just from relating the radar on the computer to where we see things happening in the sky outside.

Jeremiah worked on the drainage system from the spouts to a tank underneath the back porch (to store rainwater to water the garden) and I fluffed plants and played in the garden :-) Today, I harvested 6 jalapeno peppers, one cherry tomato, and one Jet Star tomato. I, sadly, lost half of one of my zucchini plants (from an unknown unfortunate accident). My strawberry field is reviving itself; one plant even has a new flower! And almost all of J's melon plants are flowering and putting off tendrils. I pulled a carrot, beet, and radish to check progress; we still have some growing to do...

It's almost 2pm and AlphaOmegan are going to relax in front of a show for the next two or so hours. We're having Omegan Pizza for dinner; Yummy!! I love homemade pizza (and I'll be using fresh herbs and produce!).

Bye!  - Omegan :-D

2 comments:

  1. Slurp...Pizza......I'm so eager for dinner now....wait, I'm ALWAYS eager for your dinners!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yea... And it's raining again, so J's going to check his drains. The girls have been chillin; watching shows, playing, dressing up... Driving J and I crazy with questions and sibling rivalries... The usual kid stuff ;-)

    ReplyDelete