July 9, 2011

Journal - July 9th, 2011

Phew! I'm exhausted... Today was a hot day and I felt the heat, in the mid of the day!

I spent a couple of hours in "Garden Greenthumb," pruning and harvesting. One of my zucchini plants had a BigDad zucchini growing on it! More than ready to harvest, he was longer than the upper part of my arm. Along with the big one, I was able to harvest 3 more zucchinis, my first yellow squash, 2 tomatoes, and 6 more jalapenos. My efforts in the garden today also included a pruning and thinning parade on both varieties of squash. They are now cleaned up to much more manageable plants. What's remaining will have room to spread out and absorb more nutrients.

My brother and I were able to sit down yesterday, for a good while, and work on computer "projects." I have assignments! I've started working on them already; I'm soo excited! It was nice to have a good sit with him and share ideas and thoughts; working on a project or not, BroDoug and I needed some sibling time.
Luckily, time allowed for AlphaJ and BroDoug to have some Guy time, as well. On Thursday evening, they took a hike down to Serenity Falls/Valley and played some Wii games. AlphaJ showed off his beautiful photography to Doug and ideas started churning in their minds. Now they have a computer "project" that they will be working on together. Hooray for time well spent and getting some gears to turn!

We all went into Murfreesboro for lunch at Chuy's yesterday afternoon. I rode with Mom (girl free! They were in Dad's truck, so it was peaceful) for one last girl chat. [I love my mom; she's one of my best friends]. Lunch at Chuy's was pretty good, while it wasn't Hacienda Colorado, they were comparable. I did not order fajitas. Although they sounded yummy, when I looked at the menu, the Vegetarian Blue Corn Enchilidas captured my taste buds' curiousity. I added oven roasted chicken and switched the ranchero sauce to the Hatch green chili sauce. They were delicious, especially with the Charro beans on the side.

After "Goodbye's," the Pack headed back to Woodbury for a relaxing afternoon and evening at home. Last night for dinner, I tried a new recipe from Redbook Magazine: Honey-glazed salmon with grilled pineapple salsa. This salmon was fantastic! Even Kaia's mouth was drooling when she tasted one of the pineapples. I used lemon juice instead of lime juice, but I sprinkled some Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime season on top and it was amazing. And even more awesome: I was able to use fresh mint from my garden! [I love being able to do that]. I also used Crisco Canola Oil nonstick spray instead of actual Canola oil. We had Asparagus; with onions and fresh tomatoes, and Baked Potatoes on the side.

This morning, I was going to sleep until 6am, but my mind woke up early and got me out of bed at 5:30. I was able to do my pilates early, around 6:30 (before anyone else was awake), along with 200 crunches and 25 pushups. Then it was breakfast and get ready to head to Murfreesboro for my meeting at 9am. AlphaJ helped me get there and since he was headed into town, as well, we each took one girl (J-K, M-H) to make my meeting a little less chaotic. [Holly can stay occupied with the Tag reader better that Kaia - K's too curious]. Except this time, there was a fly in the foyer that wouldn't leave her alone (she was squealing like a piglet!), so I found an empty room and set her up in there. She was good then :-)

AlphaJ and I rendezvoused after my meeting, settled Kaia in my car, and we were on our way home. They played Dora on the Wii while I worked in the garden and J arrived home in time to work outside with me for a few minutes. I made everyone sandwiches for lunch and now we've all been having a little "Me Time."

Tonight we are having Mr. BigDad Zucchini; with mushrooms and orange pepper, Shrimp, and Smart Taste Angel Hair with red sauce. Right now, I'm going to have a snack with the girlies.

Bye! - Omegan :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment