July 7, 2011

Journal - July 7th, 2011

Good Day! At least, mine has been, so far :-)

I woke up this morning at 5am, with AlphaJ (early start to his work day; trying to beat the rain and have time with the fam on their way), enjoyed my breakfast - I tried the new 80 calorie Fiber One Honey Squares cereal (DE-liscious-ness to the core!), and had some me time on the computer.

Of course, then I did my workout :-D Pilates, 325 crunches, 40 pushups, and a 7 mile Bikeride... Ahhhh! Feel the breeze! ... After meditation time, it was back to reality, with prepping for the company's arrival.

My mom and brother are here visiting, from Marietta! They arrived around 11 this morning and are staying the night. Tomorrow, the group will head to Murfreesboro for some lunch at Chuey's Mexican Restaurant (Mom claims it's comparable to Hacienda Colorado... Tmw will be my taste test!). Mmmmm... Fajitas are calling my name... 

[My mom brought an awesome pork loin from Kroger for dinner tonight. I generously marinated the roast with Bronco Bob's Raspberry Chipotle BBQ sauce (thank you, World Market, for making a comparable sauce to Arbor Day Farm's RaspChipotle), Grill Mates Pork Season, and just a touch of Garlic & Herb; slow-cooked to perfection. Fresh Zucchini (harvested in the rain, with mom standing with me amidst "Garden Greenthumb") will be served with mushroom, onion, and red pepper; and Omegan seasoned Brown Rice on the side].

We all had lunch, as everyone was very hungry by the time everything was brought in and arranged from Mom's truck. Turkey sandwiches all around! We spent the afternoon chillin' around the house; playing around on computers, the Wii, and lounging with good reads. Mom and I took an adventure into Woodbury to check out Kaia's potential school (yikes! Kindergarten!) and had some girl time :-) I also showed her my 2 mile walk routine and told her all the gossip on the neighbors!! [Walking the area, you learn quite a lot from observing].

Yesterday's grocery shopping adventure was a success; AlphaJ and I's coordination on schedules and timing actually worked to our benefits. He arrived at Walmart just in time to do his shopping, pay, and be done just as I would be finishing at checkout. We all made a quick trip to Publix for some of their awesome DeliSubs, for a mid-afternoon munch (we were all Super hungry!). Thankfully, this gave way to an easy dinner after my meeting - half now, half later. My meeting was at 5pm, so after snack, it was on to group. Very refreshing words; exactly what I needed to hear... Good thoughts were pondered during and for a long while after.

The girls, J, and I all had dinner and relaxed the evening to dark...
It's getting close to veggie-prep time, so it's time for me to say, "Bye!" for now...

 - Omegan :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment